Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Five old three new



I was working on a photo project last night and ran across this picture. Not sure what it was about the photo that caused me to pause...ponder...and choke up a bit. Silly. I know. Maybe it's the comfortable blending of  3 new faces. Maybe it was just a delayed reaction to all the memory-jogging photos I've been looking at that made me pause and ponder.

I can't help but picture five of those smiling faces more than 20 years ago playing in the sand at the waters edge wearing life jackets; learning to row while tied to a 100' line attached to a coffee can anchor; floating on double air mattresses to try to keep out of the water; and daring one another to swim in that cold water you see in the background.

Whatever it was that caught my eye in this snapshot and took me on a walk down memory lane - thank you. It was a grand journey; plus I had a good chuckle about life jackets and coffee can anchors :)

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA! Funny that you should be working on this photo at the same time that I was. :) This is one of David's all time favorites...I was just having it blown up to an 8x10 to frame for Father's Day. I have a mix of the same feelings when I look at this happy group...we really did raise some damn fine kids!

    ReplyDelete