Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The foot that keeps on giving

This. Foot. Is. A. Pain.

How can such a small portion of my body be so significant in my well-being? In an attempt to get the swelling down (which I'm told is the main cause of my burning and aching discomfort) my friendly and fun physical therapist Laura is trying a new method.

The special tape pictured below is supposed to help wick the fluid away from my foot. I've been told that when fluid is being wicked it likes to go to the closest large muscle. Who knew? Apparently Laura. 

So the theory is - start the tape at the point of swelling, ground the other end of it to the closest large muscle, in this case my calf, and leave it on for 72 hours. Repeat as necessary. This is my second go-round with the magical tape. Not really sure it's helping but it's not making it worse so I'll give it a try :/

Note to self: get a pedicure ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment