Friday, June 1, 2012

Catch-up Part II


March 2012


----------------
More snow. Unbelievable how many times it snowed this winter! A couple of the storms were hum-dingers but most just left everything looking pretty...unless you were driving on black ice at 5:00 in the morning...then things weren't looking quite so pretty.








----------------
James and Tess went on vacation with Tess' family; first to Arizona and then onto Vegas. From there the two of them rented a car and headed to Palm Desert to visit for a few days with Shannon, Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Jody before they drove the ZoomZoom and Morris home. They left California on Saturday at 7:00 a.m. on a beautiful blue-sky clear day and arrived in Seattle Sunday afternoon at 5:00 on a grey-sky rainy day...sounds about right.

Arizona vacation home of Brad and Tanja (Tess' folks)
Palm Desert


----------------
John and I went to Chicago for Rich Day. Rich Day is held every year around the anniversary of the death of John's dad, Richard Marth.

Saturday night a rink is rented for ice skating followed by a rough and tumble hockey game (which old men with bad backs should not participate in at full throttle...just saying) and an after-party.

Sunday everyone goes to Mass (we took up 3 whole pews!) and then back to Rosemary's for brunch, catching up with one another and reminiscing about their past.

As an out-law looking on, this family defines family. One mother; 9 children; 9 spouses; 25 grandchildren; plenty of heartache, strife and differences; abundance of love, traditions, and celebrations...and through it all acceptance abounds, differences don't divide and selfless giving is the rule rather than the exception. I am so proud to be a member of the Marth family!

Love traveling; love flying; and really love first class

Mom and her Nine
Rich, John, Mike, Donna, Rosemary, Mary, Bob, Joe, Steve, Brian

Grand-kids

Izzy and Karly

Rich, Donna, Joe

White Castle Slider Party Pack...an acquired taste in my opinion :P

Nicole and the youngest member of the Marth Family, Annie

Steve and Rich
If you got rid of all hair on the 7 boys I bet you couldn't tell them apart

Red Rover Red Rover send Izzie right over....hmmmmm, I see a definite advantage on one side.

Mike and his son Griffin

Hayden, Delaney and Karly

The love of my life and me

Lisa, Meghan and Rosemary


----------------
Another visit to the desert. The day after returning from Chicago I was back at the airport to head off to Palm Desert for a visit with Shannon and to fly home on the airplane with Grandma and Grandpa. James and Tess picked me up at the Palm Springs airport on their way back from Disneyland.

Waiting outside of the Palm Springs Airport for James and Tess

My time with Shannon was such a joy. She took excellent care of me - even turning the air conditioning up a bit so I'd be more comfortable! Gosh I love that gal. James, Tess and I stayed with her for a couple of days and enjoyed some glorious R&R.


Marco

Polo



We hung out with my favorite Aunt Jody daily, had dinner with the Rosillo clan, saw Barry, Barry's dog Harley, Barry's son Patrick, Dan and Dan's son Mark. It was a week of Horrigan family eating, drinking and visiting at it's best!

Sadly, my Palm Desert Photo Folder is missing almost all of my pics from this trip; including the ones of Grandma's motorcycle ride with Barry. OMGosh that was a hoot to watch. The photos are simply gone. I would like to blame the recent solar eclipse or the super moon from a few weeks back - but I think user error is a more plausible possibility :(

I did find this video of Grandma on Barry's bike. I think Grandpa had nearly as much fun watching her as she did riding!







April 2012

----------------
Easter at Grandma and Grandpa's. No pics. Lame. David took lots. Maybe I can talk him into putting together a blog. Good retirement activity :)


----------------
James' BD at the beach was celebrated by James, Tess, Papa, Lenny, Dakota and I.  Fabulously fun. Plethora of projects. Hanging in the hammock. Radical ribs. Scavenger hunt for presents. Life is good when you're a quarter of a century old ;)


















----------------
Whale Watching with David and Glenna. We were successful! Whale 723 kept us entertained for most of the afternoon. We had a great, great time on the boat, at the house and devouring the best Chinese food we've had in ages. All in all the weekend at the Palace B&B gets 5 stars!













May 2012


----------------

All that is left to chronicle is May but it was such a busy month it needs its very own post. Right now I'm off to the beach with Glenna, Anna and the Bowen's and then I'll finish up May when I return. Woohoo, it will feel good to be caught up!




No comments:

Post a Comment