Monday, November 21, 2011

My 2nd Annual Molbak's Trip

Oh what a great, great time Glenna, Jocelyn and I had at Molbak's!

It took us 4 hours to wander through the nursery from corner to corner. There was so much to see, so many ideas to explore and way too many things calling out "buy me, buy me, buy me"!




It was such a beautiful blue-sky-sunshiny day that we were squinting through the brightness in the greenhouse area.
I needed my sun glasses! 
$


Jocelyn's mom-in-law Cathy loves owls. This one was awfully cute and he reminded us of Aunt Dorothy's sonekin's :)

There were poinsettias in every shade; each one more beautiful than the next. We were struggling to decide which one to buy. Our solution? Compare all our our favorites side-by-side. Through the process of elimination Joc decided the white ones would be perfect for her home. She chose a soft muted pink variety for her desk at school.


I fell in love with these decorative pine cones. I don't have a good spot to hang them but we decided they would be stunning in Glenna's house all along the beam between the family room and table area. The problem was they would have to be shortened...and we couldn't quite see a clear easy way to accomplish that.


Not really sure why I snapped a shot of this wreath. Although pretty and entertaining there were far more magnificent pieces to photograph. I was certainly too busy looking at all the magnificence because I don't have too much on my camera to share with you :/








We spent a fair amount of time watching a never-ending line of pets get their photograph taken with Santa. The antics of the humans trying to get the canines to sit perfectly, smile nicely and look into the lens was just as entertaining as the dogs themselves!

Of course no trip to Molbak's would be complete without pictures in front of the poinsettia tree.

This funny one is for Ben :}


Lunch was delicious at Panera Bread. I think this is more my favorite place than theirs - but since we were running so late they were troopers and opted for a quick bite across the street instead of making our way to Ooba Tuba as planned.

In the spirit of full disclosure, that is not a snapshot of Joc standing in front of Panera Bread. That isn't even a photo of the Panera Bread we dined at. The Internet is full of all sorts of "filler photos" when you forget to snap one of your own!

I haven't quite yet caught the holiday spirit of Christmas. I think I need to get on the other side of Thanksgiving before that happens. But years of experience (not that I’m old, mind you!) have taught me that once the holiday season is in full swing it becomes difficult to take in the magic of the moment and the importance of the people around you. 

All three of us had places and people tugging at our shirtsleeves. It would have been so easy to say, "Let’s do this another time". I'm thankful we didn't. I must remember to refer to this post whenever I’m tempted to bug out because the chaos of life is closing in around me. Spending quality time like this with family and friends is a jillion times more important than scrubbing toilets and doing laundry :) 

Love, love, love you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment