Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You Would Think There was a Baby Coming!

It was a nesting day for me. I did not realize it until I sat down to read some email and check out what is on TV tonight.

All bathroom cupboards, drawers and closets have been cleaned and organized. All kitchen drawers have been cleaned, repaired and organized. Tupperware has been sorted so that each container has one matching top. I recycled about 15 tops with no bottoms and half a dozen bottoms with no tops. How does that happen? Every dish in the house is clean. Every piece of dirty laundry in the house is washed, dried and hung up (well, except James' but that's a story for a different day).

Maybe it was because of the dark drizzly day.

Maybe it was because I am avoiding two tasks that I've started, need to be completed but I'm dragging my feet on. Why is that? They involve organizing, strategizing and problem solving. I am generally very good at those three things. I always enjoy the feelings of satisfaction after a job well done.

So I ask again, why don't I just do it? Do other people fill their time with useless tasks (or for that matter, even needed tasks) when they are avoiding undesirable tasks? I always have. When I discover myself doing that, I know I need to dig in and get 'er done. But now it will have to wait until my return from Chicago. Foolish me for it will weigh on me a bit while I'm gone - not unbearably, but a bit. Like it or not, that's just how I roll :)

Hmmm, 3 well known marketing phrases in that last paragraph. I may need to take a class to brush up on my language skills if I'm going to keep writing this blog...and ever want to re-read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment