Friday, September 10, 2010

Blast to the Past was Fun!

I can't believe what a fabulous time I had last night.

The plan was to go to Mom and Daddy's for dinner and then the 3 of us would go up to the Mercer Island library for the Cyclemate 40-yr reunion. Traffic was not cooperating so I arrived at Mom and Daddy's a little late. I thought we were just going to have a bowl of soup - or something like that - but they decided a trip to a local restaurant would be easier. Daddy drove us down to a nice (although noisy) pub called Bennett's. Oh my, our food was delicious; just the right amount of spiciness and cooked to perfection.

Miss Call 1970
Miss Call was just starting her presentation when we arrived at the library. She spent nearly 2 hours taking us on a humorous and poignant walk down memory lane. I went home with lots of smiles, a Cyclemate mug, a copy of the PowerPoint presentation featuring Cyclemate's I-IV and the joy of reconnecting with a dear lost friend. Dave Heston and I have been exchanging email for a while but we have not seen each other in almost 30 years. He put together the PowerPoint for Miss Call and ran the projector (BTW - amazing job Dave!).


Dave Heston 2010
Afterward Dave and I chatted for a long time and promised to get together soon. Dinner at our house would be fun - I think the 4 of us would have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment