Saturday, September 11, 2010

Photos I Love

I have been trying to organize my photos into folders, edit them for quality and manage the quantity I have accumulated on my computer. Yikes-it's almost out of hand!

Some of the challenge stems from the additional photos I put on my computer from mom's disk. She hasn't quite mastered the art of manipulating the files from her camera to her computer. Consequently her disk fills up and as she is standing ready to shoot that perfect picture, she receives the message that her disk is full. Her solution is to delete a few random pictures to make room. I am thinking that is probably not the best photo management style so when her camera and my laptop are together, I transfer the contents of her disk to my laptop. I don't want her to loose what could be a prize-winning photo or family heirloom!

Out of the thousands of photos stored on my computer the following 4 are at the top of my fav list right now. Not because of their composition or awesomeness (frankly from a photographic view point they aren't all that superb) but for the memories they conjure up.


I love that this is a picture of my sister and her oldest (Anna) and me and my oldest (Shannon). It was the morning after Jocelyn's wedding at Glenna's house on Whidbey Island. We were cleaning up the place before we headed into the town of Langley for some window shopping.
L to R | Kathleen, Anna, Shannon, Glenna

This is a picture of my three kids in 2007 on the 4th of July at the beach. For me that is all one word fouthofjulyatthebeach because if it is the 4th of July, where else would you be? I love that my kids are all together in this picture and I love that they are standing on the dock that the beach-boys built by hand. That dock is mega awesome.
L to R | Shannon, Daniel, James

It is only fitting that another favorite photo is from my favorite place...the beach. I see these two so rarely in person that I have pics of them on my screen saver, on my fridge and now on my blog. Anna and her husband Mauricio live in Kentucky. They are horsey-people. He is such a sweetheart of a guy that adores Anna, works hard, loves family and wants to eventually move them here. We all hope it can happen soon!
Anna & Mauricio Diaz

For me, this picture captures so much emotion. David has just given his daughter in marriage to Tyler. I see David's expression as deep and thoughtful; Tyler's expression as pure joy and love. I also love this picture because it reminds me of the 3 wonderful days I spent with David and Glenna at their place on Whidbey. We had many deep, thoughtful, joyful and humorous moments!
David | Tyler

So for today these are my favorites. As I continue to clean and scrub my photo files I know I'll run into some new favorites. But it is safe to assume all my favorites will have something to do with family and/or Fragaria :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment