Sunday, September 12, 2010

So Many Projects. So Indecisive.

There are closets and cupboards and drawers that need cleaning. There are clothes that need to be sorted through and given away. There is laundry, meal planning, shopping and dishes. There are thousands of pictures that still need to be sorted (this is what I've done so far http://kathleenmarthphotos.shutterfly.com/) There is a living room that needs rearranging, gutting, given a new use - something.

And then there is gardening that needs my attention. I have lots of plants from the beach still in their transplanting pots. If I don't get these plants into the ground soon I will loose them. Lenny has taken a particular liking to one bucket...I think he is drinking the rain water in the bottom - or maybe he is eating the bugs and grubs that are accumulating-blech! I am indecisive on this project because I can't decide where to plant them. The dogs trample the backyard gardens so built up planters are needed or temporary little fencing until the plants are big enough to hold their own. And then there is the ratty fence you see in the background. Planting along this fence line would look good and it would be easy to protect the plants from the dogs. But all backyard fences are being replaced soon - but "soon" doesn't have a date attached to it. Sometime this fall. Such a dilemma. Such a quandary.
This hydrangea is a cutting off a bush that was planted in the Beatte garden at Fragaria in the early 1900's. WOW.

Sitting on the rockery are plants from Suzanne Gard's garden at the beach - still in their transplanting pots and buckets.

There is my office space that needs creating. I am about halfway done with this project. Our 4th bedroom seemed large enough to accommodate space for guests and an office. This dual-use plan is proving a bit more challenging. To add to the woes of this project, I can't get a wireless Internet connection in the room...and it is not hard wired for Internet. Go figure! I see two solutions: continue to do my work on the kitchen table or purchase a new router or booster for our current router...
Wall to wall desks, shelves, beds and more.

Infamous orange counter on the left that has been with me for more than 10 years and two places of employment. I don't know how papa got it in here - but he did. Thanks papa!  Daniel's loft bed with lots and lots of unpacked boxes underneath; where the heck are they going to go? 

...and that now takes me to my next project. I need to complete a budget that allows us to comfortably live on one income. I am on a self-imposed spending freeze until I do. OK truth be told papa put me on a spending freeze but I agree with the plan so I figure that makes it self-imposed :)

Purchasing needs are starting to pile up: carpets cleaned, some carpets replaced, furniture recovered, pictures framed, furniture replaced, vet appointments and deep-grooming for the dogs, manicure & pedicure for me (I consider this a need!), duct work cleaned, routers and/or boosters purchased, planters built and/or purchased, fence contractors hired, and oh so much more.

OK. I now know where to start. Budget project here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment