Monday, January 10, 2011

Wish I had. Hope I do.

In the last few months I wish I had taken more pictures of meaningful events. Meaningful doesn't have to be life-changing. Meaningful includes the first snow fall, dogs sleeping side-by-side with 8 legs poking straight up in the air, papa on the roof taking down the Christmas lights (and not enjoying one minute of it) or a pit-stop along the way during our California road trip.

In the last few months I wish I had done more journaling. I wish I had captured my feelings of the Christmas season while they were fresh and poignant (although maybe not - as they were not particularly Christmassy feelings). I wish I had captured the nuances of navigating James' recovery; the transition for him between patient and self-caretaker; the challenge for me of going from caretaker to observer. I wish I had blogged through the early days of 'retirement'. I would like to re-read and re-feel the complete and utter relief of leaving all that heartache behind.

My life is the sum total of the choices I make. I wish I had something to show me how my life got to today besides my very poor memory :/ When 2011 comes to a close, I hope I do. Because after all, isn't that what a blog is for?

Meaningful moment: my sister loves me. My evidence? My birthday present that included (among other wonderful things) these cozy socks and that snugly Christmas blanket she made for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment