Friday, January 28, 2011

This week in review in rambling form

Well color me wrong-sort of.

I did hear from my flash drive peeps on Wednesday. They wanted to know if I would input the freshman class into the database within a week and how much I would charge. I said I would love to take on that job but it would take 60-80 hours (closer to 2 weeks) at my usual $20/hour rate. I haven't heard back since my reply-that's the 'sort of' part :)

_____________________________

Steve made time in his travels to Seattle to come have dinner with us last night. I know he was tired, jet lagged and on top of it he was recovering from a respiratory infection. Ugggg, not feeling spiffy at all. We really enjoyed the visit with Uncle Cheese and appreciate the effort he made to see us. Daniel coined that nickname when we were back in Chicago for a wedding (I think it was Joe and Colleen). When he tried to say Steve it came out Cheese. Now everyone uses it.

Sort of like Uncle Socks. Barry nicknamed daddy Uncle Socks because when daddy would visit the Galvin's in CA or Hawaii he always wore socks to keep the top of his feet from burning. That name has stuck too.

This is of course not daddy - but Uncle David wearing Daddy's BD apron for carving the turkey on Christmas Eve.
 __________________________

Glenna and I were going to the beach today to make sure all the rain and wind haven't pushed the cabins into the sound and to visit a few fireplace stores to do some window shopping-or buying if the deal was right.


Aunt Dorothy's cabin and the little cabin with Anna standing in front
Unfortunately, Randy took a bad fall the other day and broke his back. He was scheduled for surgery this morning and Glenna needed to be there for him when he woke up. She is an amazing, unconditional caretaker. I hope Randy knows that-he probably does.The surgery was to put a screw through the C1 and C2 vertebrae to stabilize them and bring him some relief from the unending pain. I have sent a couple of texts to her but I know she is too busy to reply. That's OK. Just hoping all went well.
_________________________

Getting grandma and grandpa home from CA...oh my, what a quandary I am in.


Mom in Palm Desert 2009
Daddy in Palm Desert 2010
James wants him and Tess to do this. John wants him and Tess to do this. I want to do this. Why? Not sure for sure, but have some ideas. It feels good to do something that contributes to the greater needs of the family...I really did honestly and truly enjoy the 2 days in the car with papa-it was one of the most relaxing, enjoyable, peaceful times I've had in 4 months...I think daddy will really be uncomfortable with them doing that and mom will really be uncomfortable with this unmarried couple spending nights together...and I know there is more to this but I'm not really sure what it is. I'll have to try to figure it out in another post. Adding to my quandary is Rich Marth day is scheduled for the weekend following the drive home from CA and that sort of time away from the office is tough on papa. That alone should make me figure out another way to get the zoom zoom home. So again, what more is there to my desire to do this?
________________________

1 comment:

  1. If it means grandpa doesn't have to drive...or if it keeps him from driving, volunteer Linda an I. We're not married yet, but almost :)

    This is Pat

    ReplyDelete