Friday, September 16, 2011

The Journey

Texting with Shannon tonight. Writing notes to Daniel this morning. Making lunch with Tess and James this afternoon. Talking to John on his way home from golf. Connecting with my hubby and kids...priceless!

I think it is these everyday, unassuming, ongoing, never ending touch points that weave the threads of our family journey and relationships - with big WOW moments thrown in every now and then for good measure of course :) 

A dear friend used to say life was about the journey, not the destination. Thank you MaryBarr, I learned so much from you (and if I had my digital library better organized I could find a picture of you instead of motorcycle riders).

And why is it exactly that I have a picture of motorcycle riders in this post? Because It's not the destination but the journey just happens to be a Harley Davidson marketing slogan (you can consider this an educational moment - or a real stretch in my attempt to add pics to every post - LoL).

No comments:

Post a Comment