Thursday, August 30, 2012

Moving Dirt

John, Lenny, Dakota and I went to the beach the first weekend in August. We moved yards, upon yards, upon yards of dirt. And by we, I mean he.


Funny-men James and Ben delegated moving all the dirt from behind the little cabin to Glenna and me. We (this we is she and me) planned to do it.


Wise-man John said that wasn't a job for two old ladies. I watched him labor through this job; he was correct. Moving heavy loads of dry, dusty dirt was made doubly difficult by temps in the high 90's all weekend. For once I was glad to be an old lady :/


Lenny really wanted to play ball - even though he would have to sit down and take a break after only a couple of throws! And poor Dakota just couldn't resist barking at the waves.


We were rewarded with a beautiful moon over Vashon followed by a calm tranquil morning to enjoy a cup of joe before heading back to the tasks at hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment