Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Project Manager

Today was all about securing the final contractors for our beach projects. Hopefully the final contractors. I do enjoy an organizational challenge that requires research, collaboration and decision making. That pretty much describes the last 5 months at the beach for Grandma, Grandpa, Glenna, John and me!

It started back in February when we began shopping for wood stoves and fireplace inserts. After that we dealt with electrical upgrades, appliance needs, pump woes, toilet woes, water line woes and a larger-than-imagined roofing project. I feel like I've forgotten something but that is all that comes to mind right now :)

I hope it ends this first weekend in August with...

The installation of a new pump by Red's Electric.
We really need a pump that doesn't leak and can push water to both cabins...we are all getting too old to carry buckets of water to Aunt Dorothy's to flush the toilet :/

New roof shingles on the fishing cabin by Shaun Winslow Construction

And...a new corner on the fishing cabin by JohnMarth INC :)

With luck, the title of my next post is All Done!




No comments:

Post a Comment